Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Beginnings

My interest in aviation has been lifelong, as a child I grew up right next to an Air Force Base and have always admired the many different planes that fly their downwind leg right over my house. My interest has also been fueled by my grandfathers career as a pilot in the Navy. I have always enjoyed listening to his stories such as his first naval carrier landing. He is one of the greatest inspirations in my life. 

I myself soloed my first time in a Cessna 172P on October 20, 2008..
The Airplane I Soloed In

Me with my shirt-tail cut off
Then on July 5, 2009 I received my private pilots license just in the nick of time before school started...

Currently, I am studying Aeronautical Engineering at none other than Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, which for the 11th year in a row, the annual "America's Best Colleges" guide by U.S. News Media Group has ranked Embry-Riddle's Aerospace Engineering program #1 in the nation. 
Embry-Riddle Daytona

I am also involved in many clubs and organizations involved in aeronautics including AMA (Academy of Modeler Aeronautics, Kitty Hawk Air Society, Eglin Aero Club, AIAA (American Inst. of Aeronautics & Astronautics), and Eagle Sport Aviation Club in Daytona. And over the summer I am an intern for Jacobs Engineering as a test engineer for F-15's, F-16's, A-10's, UH-1's, and C-130's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment