Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sport Aviation

One of my more exciting flying experiences in my life is flying a genuine Piper J3 cub. Thanks to a club called "Eagle Sport Aviation" (http://eaglesport.org/index.php), I was able to fly in the Piper Cub which is an experience like no other. True stick and rudder and an open right side of the plane so you can feel the wind rushing by and see the ground clear as day. Doing stalls and and my first spins with only the door flapping to indicate you were in the stall was amazing. It was truly an incredible experience and I am looking forward to hopefully getting my tail wheel rating sometime in the near future.
Piper J3 Cub

Piper Flying

There are a lot more things that the club has to offer that I would love to get involved in as well. Such as soaring....


And they also have a very impressive Pitts S2-B for acrobatics...
Pitts S2-B

1 comment:

  1. Cool pictures. And what is that flying engine at the very top? I've never seen, or even heard of, a thing like that.

    ReplyDelete